BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Evaluation

I would say that the inbuilt statistics provided with most web 2.0 tools are sufficient for most libraries.

I have found Google Alerts quite handy to use.  Our library compiles a webpage for the Country Womens Association who each year have a different Country of Study. As well as the website we have a Country of Study Facebook page which I update from Google Alerts.

I have also set up Google Alerts for the town where I live as well as our library. There is rarely anything other than what is generated from our promotion of events and services although there was a period when we recieved some negative media attention due to the antics of some local youth who frequent the library.

I have used Surveymonkey to find out what local professionals know about our service and what they use or don't use. I found Surveymonkey great to use especially the analysis of responses which is made painless for the non-statistician like myself.

I have also made some use of Google Analytics for our CWA webpage. It is always heartening to find that one'es efforts have come to the attention of people beyond one's geographical area.

0 comments: